Our goal is for students to adopt our philosophy of social responsibility by becoming part of SALEF’s family. SALEF highly emphasizes community engagement experience as a means for social change. Special focus is placed on helping low-income students who demonstrate leadership potential, desire, and availability to help SALEF give back to the community through community service projects.
The engagement projects guarantee future Latin@/x students will continue to receive the type of quality support that SALEF fosters. In addition, we want students to grow a sense of giving back to the community and teach other students that through dedication, effort, and a commitment to helping others, they will gain strong knowledge and experience to become the next generation of leaders and professionals.
This scholarship is open to qualifying students who meet the following criteria, regardless of immigration status. Undocumented students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be of Salvadoran or of other Latin@/x ethnicity.
- Applicants must demonstrate proven financial need.
- Applicants must possess a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Applicants must demonstrate a history of community involvement.
- Applicants must be a full time student for the 2019-2020 school year (vocational students are encouraged to apply)
- Applicants must be pursuing any degree (e.g. associate degree, bachelor's degree, master's, MSW, MPH, JD, PHD, MD or Dentistry).
- Applicants must live in the Los Angeles Area
- If you have any questions please go to the website: https://form.jotform.com/salef/2019_2020_DreamScholarship